Our Newest with a little “Spice” at the end of every Bite
Savor our traditional Lumber Jack Sausage smothered in warm cream cheese rolled up in a crescent roll. Only takes 15 minutes! Continue Reading
are a traditional wiener that has turned up the heat. Very spicy with traditional red color. Bun-sized and perfect to spice up your cook-outs!
Red Hots are truly a Roger Wood favorite. Customers enjoy the rich flavor of a Roger Wood sausage combined with the enhanced spicy taste.
Think about the ‘Toppings’ possibilities! You could spread a spicy chili on top to give it even more of a kick or a homemade Southern Slaw to cool it down. Peppers and onions. Jalapeños. Endless possibilities!
If you’ve never given them a try, you’re missing out! Throw them on the grill for your next back-yard gathering, tailgate party, family reunion- you name it. Look for Roger Wood Red Hots on your next grocery store trip!
We found this hearty looking recipe on Just A Pinch Recipes’ website. With a 10 minute prep time and a 25 minute cook time, you could make this meal literally in just a pinch! We suggest using our Original Lumber Jack Smoked Sausage in this meal. Let us know what you think!
By Ellen Bales
Julia Frey of the food blog site, Vikalinka, created this incredible recipe using Polish Kielbasa. We can’t wait to try it using our Roger Wood Polish Lumber Jack Smoked Sausage! Thank you for sharing Mrs. Frey!
“This recipe is extremely simple and quite quick. You can experiment with any cheese you love. I usually use white cheddar (lucky for me no orange Cheddar is available in England) and whatever else I have in the fridge. In this case it was Gruyere, which created an absolutely lovely combination-extreme creaminess of Cheddar went brilliantly with the sharp taste of Gruyere.”
- 2 tbsp-butter
- 1 heaped tbsp-flour
- 1½ cups-milk, 2% or whole
- 200 gr- vintage cheddar, grated
- 200 gr-Gruyere, grated
- 1 lbs-short pasta
- 150 gr-Polish smoked kielbasa, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190C.
- Cook pasta in a large pot filled with salted water 3-4 minutes less than the package directs.
- While pasta is cooking make the cheese sauce. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, blend in flour with a wire whisk.
- Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes while stirring the entire time, then add milk and stir.
- Cook the sauce for 5 minutes, it will gradually thicken, continue stirring with a wire whisk to avoid lumps.
- When the sauce is the desired consistency take it off the heat and stir in both cheeses, reserve a combined ¼ cup of cheese.
- The cheese should melt and completely incorporate into the sauce. Use your wire whisk to ensure the sauce is smooth and lump-free. (Don’t walk away from the stove the entire time the cheese sauce is cooking as it can burn quickly and/or will go lumpy if left unattended.)
- When your pasta is cooked drain but reserve ¼ cup of starchy water the pasta was cooking in.
- Return the drained pasta into the same pot and add water and cheese sauce, gently toss to coat the pasta. It should be quite runny.
- Mix in sliced kielbasa and transfer to a deep baking dish, sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup of cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. The top should be golden by the end of the cooking time. If the pasta still looks pale at the end of the cooking time set your oven to broil and let the top crisp up for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with a simple green salad.
We are asked daily where to find our products.
Roger Wood products are distributed throughout eight states:
And we continue to grow!
Our product selection can be found in many locations including these customers! —>> See the Find Us page.
If you can’t find our products in your local grocery, please click on the retailer’s logo and request your Roger Wood favorite today.
Go to your local store manager & request Roger Wood’s products.
Due to the high cost of shipping, we are unable to ship to individual customers.
Our Polish Style Lumber Jack is straight from the old country. Seasoned with traditional Polish flavors such as garlic and black pepper in a natural smoked casing. If you enjoy our Original and Spicy Lumber Jack Smoked Sausage, you are sure to love the robust flavors of the Polish Style.
There are tons of recipes on the internet featuring Polish smoked sausage, but here are a few of our favorites that we made right here in the Roger Wood Foods kitchen. Continue Reading