Sausage, Okra, and Tomato Skillet by Corey Moultrie
We’re delighted to feature this recipe from Corey Moultrie, who is one of our amazing RWF Brand Ambassadors!
Corey is a native of Savannah, Georgia, where he grew up surrounded by Gullah Geechee cooking. Thanks to his father, mother, sisters, and aunts, Corey inherited a love of cooking and preserving his family’s recipes.
This recipe calls for Roger Wood Spicy Sausage, okra, tomatoes, sweet onion, and garlic to create this simple and quick dish. Best of all, it can be paired with a variety of sides. Thank you Corey for sharing with us!
For more goodness, follow him on Instagram.
Sausage, Okra, and Tomato Skillet
by Corey Moultrie
- 3 Roger Wood Smoked Sausages (The Original Lumber Jack or Spicy Hot Lumber Jack) links – sliced
- 3 cups chopped okra
- 1 ½ cup diced roma tomatoes
- You can also substitute the roma tomatoes with grape tomatoes sliced lengthwise.
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1-2 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 2-3 teaspoons of cayenne powder
- Heat a 10-inch cast-iron skillet or large fry pan over medium heat and add Olive Oil.
- Add Sliced Roger Wood Sausages and spread evenly in the pan. Stir frequently and allow to cook until slightly browned. Next, add okra and cook for about 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add diced sweet onion and cook until the onions begin to soften. Then, add minced garlic and stir frequently until slightly brown ( 30-45 seconds).
- Finally add the tomatoes and allow to cook 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally. Season with salt, pepper, and add cayenne pepper if you choose. Serve immediately with white rice!
For more of Corey’s delicious cooking, follow him on Instagram.